What is the backup process?
Here is an overview of the backup process.
- Each of RPM Platform’s multiple database servers keeps continual log backups.
- The log backups are kept on each server for 1 week and copied to a separate storage service hourly where they are kept for 8 weeks.
- A full database backup is done daily and kept in a separate storage service for 8 weeks.
- The full backups and log backups are used together to restore a database.
- An unexpected total loss of a database server would result in at most 1 hour lost during most of the day or up to 2 hours if during the 3am to 5am full backup.
- We can restore a database to any minute in the last 8 weeks.